I was a wee bit worried when I accepted the Chopped at Home Challenge – thankfully I didn’t get anything unusual.
I had to use:
1. Sargento® Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar
3. Oyster Crackers
Of course my mind went right to pasta!
I used radiatore vegetable pasta so all the nooks and crannies could catch the lovely sauce, along with fresh baby kale.
I crushed up the oyster crackers and finely chopped crispy bacon to make a crunchy, delicious topping. The perfect foil for mac & cheese.
Sargento® wants you to use their cheese in your home cookin’ too! Enter the Chopped at Home Challenge where you could win 10,000 dollars!
|4 State Cheddar Skillet Mac & Cheese|| |
- 6 ounces radiatore pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 + ½ cups milk
- 12 ounces Sargento® Chef' Blends 4 State Shredded Cheddar
- 4 cups fresh baby kale
- 2 tablespoons finely crushed oyster crackers
- 2 slices cooked bacon, finely chopped
- Cook the pasta to al dente according to package directions.
- Heat a large frying pan or medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add about a tablespoon olive oil with the onion, garlic and a pinch or two of salt and pepper. Cook 3 minutes.
- Melt in the butter. Sprinkle the flour over it and stir, cook 2 - 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Whisk in the milk and turn the heat up. Bring to a simmer and cook 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Turn the heat down to low and stir in the cheese with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Stir until the cheese is completely melted and smooth.
- Stir in the kale a cup at a time. Stir in the cooked, drained pasta. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle the crackers and bacon on top. Serve hot.
Available in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends and distinct cuts, Sargento Shredded Cheese is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese. For more inspiration, check out the Sargento Pinterest page Pinterest.com/sargentocheese/ or visit Sargento.com for more information. The Chopped at Home Challenge gives viewers a chance to create their best recipe using the selected basket ingredients, including Sargento Shredded Cheese, for a chance to win $10,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.