I have a delicious dinner recipe today for artichoke chicken with parmesan orzo that will quickly become a favorite. The artichoke sauce is started in a skillet and then poured over top of thin chicken cutlets and baked. The sauce is flavored with onion, garlic, white wine, lemon and chicken broth. It is served over a simple Parmesan orzo. It isn’t at all labor intensive – you can have it on the table in an hour or less.
I had my doubts over whether I was going to like this.
It took only one bite to quickly make me forget them.
Because slicing through the chicken is like cutting through butter. All that tangy sauce saturates the chicken making it succulent and fork-tender. I could not get enough of this dish with the bed of creamy orzo underneath soaking up the extra sauce and the pungent artichokes making my mouth water for more with every bite.
What’s not to like?
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Using mallet, pound to 1/2- to 1/3-inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper. Place in a buttered 9×13 baking or casserole pan.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-low heat. Saute onion, thyme and basil until onion becomes tender, add garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add artichokes, wine, and broth. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer for two to three minutes. Remove from heat. Add lemon juice. Pour over chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile make the orzo:
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Toss with broth, Parmesan and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from oven and dot butter over top. Serve with orzo.
Inspired by Bon Appetit
Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved. No copying or duplication of any content (including photos) without the express written permission from the owner of this website.