I spend excessive amounts of time glued to my computer screen. For long stretches of time. I shop. I blog. I socialize. I search for recipes. All of which Yiayia disapproves.
Athenos Yiayia is the quintessential traditional Greek grandmother. Yiayia doesn’t approve of much, and doesn’t completely embrace certain aspects of modern culture – the only thing she does approve of is Athenos, because Athenos products are made the traditional Greek Way, simply and with respect for ingredients.
My favorite way to use Athenos Feta is in this tomato and shrimp dish. A skillet tomato sauce is tossed with shrimp and feta cheese then popped in the oven to bake until bubbly-hot. The sweet, salty and succulent shrimp are insanely delicious served over linguine or another type of pasta like orzo or couscous.
Oregano and thyme-seasoned tomatoes form the base of this dish swimming with a sea of succulent shrimp and briny hunks of feta cheese.
- In a 12-inch cast iron skillet or oven proof pan saute onion in enough oil to cover bottom of pan over medium-low heat until tender. Season well with salt and pepper. Add garlic, oregano and thyme, saute 4-5 minutes. Add tomatoes, season well with salt and pepper, simmer 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Turn heat off sauce, mix in shrimp, sprinkle feta over top, bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbly and shrimp curl into half moons. Remove from oven, sprinkle with parsley, serve over pasta, couscous, polenta or rice.
For the giveway one reader will win:
- 5 FREE Athenos Feta coupons
- a serving platter and utensils
- Because Yiayia disapproves of my on-line shopping habit a $50 dollar gift certificate to Amazon (U.S. only) to buy whatever your little heart desires.
To be entered in the giveaway share a story of disapproval in the comment section by this Thursday, Septemeber 15th at midnight EST time.
I have partnered with Athenos for a sponsored post and giveaway. However, my opinions, as always, are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments toward Athenos products. Kraft Foods is providing the prizes for this program at no cost to me. This program is not administered or sponsored by Kraft Foods or its affiliates, but solely by Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice.