Cheddar dough wrapped around juicy, green olives and baked with the simplest 3-ingredient Parmesan dipping sauce. Chances are you have everything on hand to make them. Right now. You can’t go wrong. Pinky swear.
These were sent to me by Cynthia, who says they popped into her head when she was reading my blog in some bizarro form of ESP. Or maybe she’s my long-lost twin because I love olives! I just bought 12 cans of them. Green and black alike. How’s that for proof of my endearment?
The great thing about these exceptionally delicious olive poppers is you can make up a whole bunch, freeze them and bake them off as needed for one of the most perfect appetizers in the Universe.
I highly recommend you make extra because they are thoroughly addictive. It is entirely possible to make a complete meal out of them. Ask me how I know that. . .You don’t need company as an excuse. Movie night? A big game? Your favorite TV show?
How about just because? The best reason of all.
Cheddar dough wrapped around juicy, green olives and baked with the simplest 3-ingredient Parmesan dipping sauce.
- Line a baking sheet or roasting pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl mix the cheese and butter together. Add the flour and cayenne and blend the dough until it is combined well. The dough will be shaggy but should stick together when scooped into a ball and pressed together with your hands. Add a little olive water if needed until the dough comes together.
- Working one at a time scoop up tablespoons of the dough, press it together flat and mold it around an olive. Place on baking sheet 1-inch apart and repeat until all the dough is used.
- Bake 14 - 16 minutes until lightly golden.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, Parmesan and mustard.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Olives adapted from Epicurious
Dipping Sauce adapted from Real Simple
Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved