The most delectable baked donuts with pretty little pieces of strawberries speckled throughout and in the glaze. I didn’t know a baked donut. . . or do you call it a doughnut?. . . could have the same melt-in-your-mouth quality to them as their deep-fried counterparts.
No messy frying or donut pan needed! Love that. You can bake little doughnuts right in your muffin pan. Naturally they’ll be missing that distinctive hole in the center but so what? No one will even notice. Or care.
Trust me. They’ll be way too busy eating.
These are tender, airy donuts not at all like a cake donut that is more on the dense and sturdy side. They are best eaten cold and they taste even better the next day.
The most delectable baked donuts with pretty little pieces of strawberries found throughout and on top in the glaze.
- Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a nonstick donut pan, mini muffin or regular muffin pan.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, soda, and salt in a bowl; make a well in the center and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk oil, buttermilk, egg, vinegar, and vanilla together. Pour into the well and mix until smooth and combined. Stir in half the strawberries.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons batter into each mold. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into donut comes out clean about 13–15 minutes. Cool in pan on wire racks 5 - 10 minutes before inverting onto the wire racks and cooling completely.
- Use 1 tablespoon for small, flat ones or 2 tablespoons for a more muffin sized donut. Bake 1 tablespoon size about 8 minutes 2 tablespoons 13 - 15 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire racks 5 minutes before inverting onto the wire racks and cooling completely.
- Whisk the confectioners' sugar and 1 - 2 tablespoons milk until smooth. Stir in the remaining strawberries.
- Dip tops of donuts into the glaze and top with sprinkles - return to wire rack until glaze is set.
Adapted from Saveur
Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved. No copying or duplication of any content (including photos) without the express written permission from the owner of this website.