Sweet potatoes, black beans and corn rolled up in tortillas with cheddar, cream cheese and salsa. They’re baked to a golden brown crunchiness with molten hot middles that equal totally delicious.
I live in a house full of taquito lovers. Including myself. This was my latest creation which was a little selfish on my part. While I can easily eat meatless meals every night of the week the rest of my family can’t. Or won’t. So, lucky me ate these for 3 or 4 days straight. I never tired of them and was kind of sad when the last one was gone.
There’s something about the sweet potato and black bean combo that is magic. The savory sweetness of the potatoes with the earthiness of the beans along with the crispy corn surrounded by spicy salsa, cheese and warm spices like chile powder and cumin. There’s cream cheese too – the ‘glue’ that holds everything together. I love the creaminess that it adds.
I always use flour tortillas because they’re a lot easier to work with than corn and my family prefers them. You can also pan fry these in a small amount of oil turning to brown them on all sides.
Sweet potatoes, black beans and corn rolled up in tortillas with cheddar, cream cheese and salsa. They're baked to a golden brown crunchiness with molten hot middles that equal totally delicious.
- In a large mixing bowl gently toss the sweet potatoes, black beans, corn and cheese together. In a separate small bowl mix the cream cheese, salsa, chile powder, cumin and salt/pepper together. Pour over the sweet potato mixture and toss until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or grease lightly with oil.
- Working one at a time scoop up 1/3 cup of the mixture and place it on the lower third of the tortilla - spread it out in a log shape and roll up tightly - place seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat until all the filling is used.
- Mix the butter and oil together then brush over the tortillas with a pastry brush. Bake 15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Serve with your choice of sour cream, guacamole or ranch dressing for dipping.
Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved