Banoffee Muffins are a special treat! Made with the delectable combination of toffee, chocolate and banana, they borrow the classic flavors from the British favorite Banoffee Pie. The name combines the words banana and toffee together.
They are overflowing with Heath toffee bits, mini chocolate chips, ripe bananas and non-fat Greek yogurt (or sour cream) to keep them from drying out.
They mostly taste of toffee and chocolate with little hints of banana sneaking their way in. The way they smell like candy is overwhelming. Sweet and intoxicating.
These are lovely, lovely, lovely muffins…the combination is truly magical.
Toffee, chocolate and banana packed muffins!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. To a medium mixing bowl add the banana, butter, eggs, brown sugar, yogurt and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- In a separate large mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; whisk to combine. Mix in 1 cup of toffee and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Add the banana mixture and mix until just blended; batter will be thick.
- Spoon into greased muffin cups or paper liners even with tops. Smooth out with the back of a spoon. In a small bowl mix 1/3 cup toffee bits with 1/3 cup of mini chocolate chips. Sprinkle a teaspoon over top of each muffin and lightly press them into the batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from center. Cool on wire racks 10 minutes, remove muffins to racks and continue cooling.
Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved.