You will need only seven ingredients to make them! One egg, oil, milk, tapioca flour, salt, Parmesan and cheddar cheese.
The batter is ridiculously easy to make – just add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and pulse until combined. The batter is thin and pourable and best baked in a mini muffin pan, a non-stick one so you can easily pop them right out and into your mouth.
Tapioca flour is naturally gluten free and gives them they’re chewy texture. There’s no substitutions you can use. If you don’t see it in the baking section of your market check in the organic/healthy food section where they sell the Bob’s Red Mill products. It’s worth seeking out because once you make them for the first time you’ll find yourself planning to make them again.
You can serve them with whatever you’d served biscuits with. Chili’s, soups and stews. Pasta, meatloaf, steak and pork chops. . . etc. . .breakfast or brunch. They make great appetizers too.
Or afternoon, any-time-I’m-hungry snacks.
Brazilian cheese puffs are delicious little biscuit-type treats, naturally gluten free with crispy outsides and chewy centers.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 24 cup non-stick mini-muffin pan.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or the bowl of a food processor in the order they're listed, starting with the liquid ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and scrape down the sides if needed.
- Use a ladle to fill the muffin cups 3/4 of the way full. Bake 20 minutes until browned around the edges. You can pull one out of the oven to test - the insides should be airy and cooked through - not gummy. Cook a few minutes longer if needed.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes then pop them out. Once the pan is cool repeat with your remaining batter.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. You can microwave them to reheat.
Adapted from Simply Recipes
Copyright ©2014 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved