Oatmeal cookies with fresh blueberries and white chocolate chips. For the blueberry lover in you.
Tart, juicy blueberries make a delectable pair with sweet white chocolate, brown sugar and oats. They have a ton of flavor – kind of nutty with notes of caramel plus they’re thick, soft and chewy.
Blueberries are a little tough to work with in this cookie dough! Nothing you can’t fix. A few rogue blueberries will try to pop out of the batter. Just pop them back in gently as you scoop the cookies and all will be right with the world.
Once you take a bite you’ll be hooked. Line and sinker. Your eyes might glaze over as you eat one after another like an oatmeal-addicted crazy person. Until there’s none left.
Just a few crumbs, blueberry stained fingers and a lingering feeling that you just woke up from a dream. . .
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or silpats.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and brown sugar together on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together oats, flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- On low speed add gradually add to the creamed mixture 1/4 at a time until fully mixed in.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips by hand then the blueberries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls (or pat/roll gently into balls) 2 inches apart and dot the tops with 3 or 4 white chocolate chips each.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in cool, dry place up to 3 days.
Adapted from Taste of Home
Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved.