Cheese tortellini smothered in a rich, creamy spinach and feta alfredo sauce. The entire dish comes together in about twenty minutes making for a great anytime meal but especially fitting when you don’t have a lot of time but need something hot and comforting. Something that tastes like you fussed.
The sauce is made in the time it takes to boil the tortellini. It starts with red pepper, garlic and fresh baby spinach followed by a healthy dose of Parmesan cheese, half & half and crumbled feta. The tortellini gets tossed in along with a little of the pasta water to help thicken it and form a silky sauce. The outcome is pure decadence.
This is one of my favorite go to meals – you can switch up the pasta, the vegetables, add in shrimp or cooked chicken. It’s highly customizable and … always delicious.
Cheese tortellini smothered in a rich, creamy spinach and feta alfredo sauce. The entire dish comes together in about twenty minutes making it a great meal without a lot of fuss.
- Cook the tortellini in plenty of salted water to al dente according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan heat the oil over medium-low heat and cook the pepper and garlic 4 - 5 minutes stirring often.
- Turn heat up to medium and add the spinach. When it begins to wilt add the half & half. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring often 3 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, about 1/2 cup of the water from the pasta pot and the cooked tortellini. Stir gently to coat the pasta until a sauce forms about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the feta and remove from heat. Let it sit a couple of minutes for the sauce to thicken up. Serve with more Parmesan.
Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved