Crunchy, crispy corn tortillas are layered with shredded chicken, red onion, cheese and a creamy green chile sauce then baked until hot and bubbly to make these deliciously satisfying baked nachos. Nachos in a casserole.
I love how the tortillas are part crunchy, part soft, along with the the little zing from the green chiles mingled with the smokiness of the spices.
It’s a snack, a dinner, a brunch, appetizer… it can be anything, anytime!
Casseroles are notoriously versatile and this one is no different. Black beans, corn, salsa, tomatoes, olives; whatever your little heart desires can be layered in here.
As for me, I like it as is, with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of green onions over top.
Corn tortillas are layered with shredded chicken, red onion, cheese and a creamy green chile sauce then baked until hot and bubbly.
- In a medium bowl whisk together 1 can chicken broth, sour cream, green chiles with their juices, chile powder, oregano, and paprika until well combined. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a deep-sided 8×8 inch casserole pan or a 9×13 inch.
- Line the bottom of the pan with a double layer of tortilla chips. Cover evenly with half of the chicken, sprinkle half the onions over top and ladle half of the sauce over all of it. Sprinkle with half the cheese.
- Repeat process beginning with another layer of tortillas, then chicken, onion, sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Serve immediately with sour cream and chopped green onion.
Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved. No copying or duplication of any content (including photos) without the express written permission from the owner of this website.