This chocolate sour cream bread comes courtesy of my favorite bear in the whole wide world! Winnie-the-Pooh Bear! Who would of thought that silly old bear could remove his hand head from the hunny pot long enough to bake?! No less write a cookbook!? I’m glad because this is one of the most delicious breads to ever cross my lips.
The ‘chocolate’ is cocoa powder and mini chocolate chips with sour cream for a rich, tenderness that keeps it from drying out. It’s insanely fast and easy to throw together with scrumptious results.
Its great for snacking on any time of the day with a smear of peanut butter, nutella, butter, or even cream cheese. I imagine it would be wonderful with fresh berries and whipped cream
I made three mini-loaves instead of one standard loaf and imagine they would make perfect muffins too.
With two kind of chocolate, walnuts and sour cream this a rich, moist delectable dessert bread!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a standard loaf pan or three mini loaf pans.
- Using a hand mixer on low speed beat together sour cream, butter, sugar and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs one at time beating after each addition.
- On low speed beat in cocoa, milk, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix in flour by hand until smooth - batter will be fairly thick. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into loaf pan or divide evenly among three mini pans. Scatter walnuts and chocolate chips evenly across top.
- Bake the loaf pan 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Bake the mini loaf pans 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.
Adapted from Winnie-the-Pooh's Teatime Cookbook
Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved. No copying or duplication of any content (including photos) without the express written permission from the owner of this website.