This chocolate sour cream bread comes courtesy of my favorite bear in the whole wide world! Winnie-the-Pooh Bear! Who would of thought that silly old bear could remove his hand head from the hunny pot long enough to bake?! No less write a cookbook!? I’m glad because this is one of the most delicious breads to ever cross my lips.
The ‘chocolate’ is cocoa powder and mini chocolate chips with sour cream for a rich, tenderness that keeps it from drying out. It’s insanely fast and easy to throw together with scrumptious results.
Its great for snacking on any time of the day with a smear of peanut butter, nutella, butter, or even cream cheese. I imagine it would be wonderful with fresh berries and whipped cream
I made three mini-loaves instead of one standard loaf and imagine they would make perfect muffins too.
With two kind of chocolate, walnuts and sour cream this a rich, moist delectable dessert bread!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a standard loaf pan or three mini loaf pans.
- Using a hand mixer on low speed beat together sour cream, butter, sugar and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs one at time beating after each addition.
- On low speed beat in cocoa, milk, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix in flour by hand until smooth - batter will be fairly thick. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into loaf pan or divide evenly among three mini pans. Scatter walnuts and chocolate chips evenly across top.
- Bake the loaf pan 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Bake the mini loaf pans 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.
Adapted from Winnie-the-Pooh's Teatime Cookbook