Cinnamon sugar coated pancakes baked in portable mini muffin form are super easy to make and twice as fun to eat.
The pancake batter comes together quickly with flour, a touch of sugar, baking powder and soda, salt, vanilla, egg and buttermilk. The batter is baked in a buttered mini muffin pan and then brushed with powder and rolled in cinnamon sugar.
You could also dunk them in maple syrup if you like. They’re best eaten warm straight from the oven but the cold leftovers are pretty delicious too.
I’m not a big eater of traditional pancakes – I find them to be kind of a snooze fest. This method of baking them has me doing a happy dance.
The buttery sweet coating melts in your mouth over the soft, dense pancake middles making you want to eat one after the other. Completely addictive. . .
Bring on all the pancake muffins! I’m in love.
|Cinnamon Sugar Pancake Mini Muffins|| |
- 5 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- ⅓ cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- maple syrup, for serving, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Brush 18 wells of a mini muffin pan with some of the melted butter.
- In a medium bowl whisk together 3 tablespoons of the sugar, the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the buttermilk, vanilla, 2 tablespoons of the melted butter and the egg just until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined - don't overmix or they will be rubbery.
- Fill the wells of the mini muffin pan just shy of the top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out fairly clean with a moist crumb or two sticking to it about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool about 5 minutes and then turn out from the pan.
- Mix the remaining ⅓ cup sugar with the cinnamon.
- Brush each muffin with the remaining melted butter and roll in the cinnamon sugar.
- Serve warm with maple syrup for dunking if desired.
©Copyright 2016 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved