A valentine’s day puppy chow chex mix with white chocolate and cinnamon plus red hots, conversation hearts and jelly belly beans.
Puppy chow(?) you might be thinking. . .like. . . for dogs(?). . .this puppy chow is for people. . .maybe you know it by a different name. . . does muddy buddies ring a bell?
This is one the fastest, most delicious snacks I know of! It’s great in a pinch and will please everyone – young and old alike.
All you need is 10 – 15 minutes of time. Chances are you have everything in your pantry to make them right this very minute.
Let. that. sink. in.
You could be munching to your little heart’s content on one of the world’s best treats just 15 minutes from now.
Peanut butter, white chocolate chips and butter are melted down and stirred together to make a creamy, sticky coating for chex cereal. To combat the stickiness the cereal gets tossed in powdered sugar and cinnamon then mixed with your favorite valentine’s candy.
I used red hots, conversation hearts and jelly belly conversation beans ’cause the bright and pretty colors make me happy.
Use whatever makes you happy.
These are great for packaging up in little bags tied with cute little red bows to hand out at school or the office.
Nothing says Happy Valentine’s Day better than homemade treats.
White chocolate and cinnamon Valentine's Day muddy buddies!
(Please don't feed this to your puppy! It's for people!)
- Measure the cereal into a large bowl.
- Add the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter to a 1-quart microwavable bowl and microwave on high 1 minute. Stir then microwave 20 - 30 seconds longer and stir until smooth. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Pour the melted mixture over the cereal and stir gently with a wooden spoon or plastic scraper until evenly coated.
- In a small bowl whisk together the powdered sugar and remaining 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Pour half into a 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add half the cereal, seal bag and shake until well coated. Add the remaining cereal and sugar, seal bag and shake until well coated. Pour back into the bowl and allow to cool.
- Mix in the red hots, conversation hearts and jelly beans. Store in a tightly covered container in a cool, dry place or in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Bring to room temperature before eating.
Adapted from Chex