Double the chocolate means double the decadence! A quick bread with cocoa powder, chocolate chips, zucchini to keep it moist and a handful of walnuts thrown in for good measure.
This is one of the most delicious ways I know of to use zucchini while simultaneously tricking your family into eating their vegetables. None who ate this figured out the “special” ingredient. It blends right into the batter and like magic disappears.
From the looks of it you might imagine this bread is especially sweet but you’d be wrong. Most of the sugar comes from the chocolate chips. Add extra sugar if you’re looking for something sweeter.
A decadent and delicious quick bread with cocoa powder, chocolate chips, zucchini to keep it moist and a handful of walnuts thrown in for good measure.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a standard size (8 1/2" x 4 1/2") loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs, honey, oil, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the salt, baking soda, baking powder, espresso powder if using, cocoa, and flour. Stir in the zucchini, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Add to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Don't over mix or it can be rubbery.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake the bread for 55 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick in center comes out clean with no crumbs or batter - a little melted chocolate is ok.
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes then turn out to cool completely before slicing.
- Store tightly wrapped at room temperature.
Adapted from King Arthur Flour