Sweet and creamy chocolate fudge topped with mint-infused white chocolate icing. I promise this recipe from McCormick is the easiest, quickest fudge you will ever make!
There are two steps to making the fudge. The first is to make the bottom layer – confectioners’ sugar is mixed with melted chocolate and spread in a pan where its left to set up for an hour in the refrigerator before being topped with melted white chocolate. The white chocolate has McCormick mint or peppermint extract added to it along with a little bit of McCormick green food color to turn it a perfect shade of holiday mint green.
This makes a great homemade gift! Fudge is one of the season’s favorite treats and combining it with one of the season’s most distinctive flavor, mint, makes it twice as easy to give and receive.
You can cut it into squares and set them in paper candy cups or cut into triangles and layer them in small cardboard boxes or treat bags. I’m doing some of both! I’ve already gifted them and I’m also using them to fill up the empty spaces on my cookie platters.
Here are some more recipe ideas from McCormick to make your holiday delicious! Homemade gifts from the heart filled with the flavors and colors of the season.
- Peppermint White Hot Chocolate on a Stick
- Creamy Mocha Hot Chocolate on a Stick
- Peppermint Bark
- Cinnamon Chocolate Bark
- Orange White Chocolate Bark with Cranberries & Apricots
- Peppermint Bars
- Gingerbread Biscotti
- Chocolate Almond Biscotti
- Red Velvet Truffle Fudge
- Caramel Pecan Fudge
- Cranberry Orange Walnut Fudge
- Chocolate Fudge with Walnuts
- Vanilla Fudge with Almonds
- Eggnog Truffles
- Peppermint Truffle Cookies
Sweet and creamy chocolate fudge topped with mint-infused white chocolate icing. I promise this is the easiest, quickest fudge you will ever make!
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper or foil and let it overhang on two sides. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk the sugar and cocoa powder together. Set aside.
- Add the butter and the milk to a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds and stir to melt the butter. If the butter doesn't completely melt microwave in 15 second increments and stir well in between until completely melted. Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour over the sugar and mix until well combined. Spoon into the parchment lined pan and evenly spread it out. Cover with plastic and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- In a medium microwavable bowl melt the white chocolate chips and milk together. Use the chocolate setting in 20 second increments and stir in between until completely melted and smooth. Stir in the mint extract and green food color.
- Spread over the chocolate layer and sprinkle with the chocolate chips, if desired.
- Refrigerate about 15 - 20 minutes or until firm. Use the parchment/foil to lift out of pan onto cutting board. Cut into small bars or triangles (Cut 16 (2-inch) squares then cut each square diagonally in half).
Adapted from McCormick
Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved