Eggnog spiked cream cheese filling with warm spices over a chocolate graham crust.
Extra creamy, this bakes up higher than your average cheesecake with a silky and luxurious texture that is just delicious with the chocolate cookie crust.
My uneasiness over using chocolate with eggnog was for nothing. It’s a combination that works surprisingly well together.
While this doesn’t include rum, a much-loved component in eggnog, you can certainly add a tablespoon or two to the filling or even a little bit of rum extract if you have it on hand.
Although, I didn’t – it doesn’t need it.
The warmly spiced eggnog flavor shines through in every single decadent bite.
Eggnog spiked cream cheese filling with warm spices over a chocolate graham crust! This holiday cheesecake bakes up fluffy and taller than your average cheesecake.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9-by-3-inch springform pan.
- In a food processor, pulse graham crackers until fine crumbs form; add melted butter, sugar, and salt; pulse to combine. Press crumb mixture into bottom of pan and about 1 inch up side of pan.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese, eggnog and sugar together until smooth. Add eggs, and beat until incorporated. Beat in vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour into prepared pan, and place in a large roasting pan or on a sheet pan with sides. Transfer to oven rack, and carefully add enough boiling water to the roasting pan to come an inch up the side of the cake pan.
- Bake until the center is firm, about 2 hours, adding more boiling water if necessary. Turn off the oven and leave oven door ajar. Let cake cool completely in the oven.
- Refrigerate until chilled through and serve with fresh whipped cream.
Adapted from Martha Stewart