Fuji apple chicken salad inspired by the Panera Bread bakery-cafe with field greens, romaine, tender rotisserie chicken, feta cheese, pecans, fresh matchstick apples and crunchy apple chips dressed in a sweet and tangy honey vinaigrette.
The simple mix of ingredients make up one of the most crave-worthy and completely addictive salads on Earth! <–You can quote me on that!
There are certain restaurants where I order the same thing every single time without ever getting sick of them. Panera is one of them. Fuji apple chicken salad with no tomatoes and feta instead of blue cheese (sometimes I add avocado) with broccoli cheese soup and iced green tea, please.
My inspired version swaps out the blue cheese for feta cheese, leaves off the tomatoes and adds fresh apples.
If a salad is going to be called “Fuji Apple” then I think it should have lots of them in it! Plus it’s apple season and I still have apples from apple picking. <–The perfect excuse!
I use a sweet honey vinaigrette for the dressing made with a little Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar and olive oil. You can make it tangier or sweeter by adding more vinegar or honey.
I like to use rotisserie chicken because it’s so tender but use what you have! Leftover baked chicken works just as well.
This is a wonderful salad to make for holiday entertaining! You can leave out the chicken and add dried cranberries for a lighter, festive version perfect for serving with your Thanksgiving or Christmas meal.
You don’t have to wait for a trip to Panera to enjoy your favorite salad – it’s so easy to make at home!
If it’s not a favorite now it will be!
|Fuji Apple Chicken Salad|| |
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups mixed field greens (like Olivia's Spring Mix or Fresh Express)
- 2 cups chopped leafy romaine
- 1 cup chopped rotisserie or leftover baked chicken
- 1 fuji apple cut into matchsticks or thinly sliced
- heaping ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- a few thin slices of red onion, optional
- ¼ cup pecans
- 1 bag (2.5 ounce)Seneca original apple chips
- sea or kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- In a medium bowl whisk the honey, vinegar and mustard together until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and whisk until well combined.
- Divide the field greens and leafy romaine between two salad bowls or plates. Drizzle with dressing.
- Divide the remaining ingredients evenly among the two bowls.
- Drizzle with more dressing. Serve immediately with salt and pepper to taste.