Chewy gingerbread blossom cookies rolled in sugar with chocolate Hershey kiss centers. A holiday favorite no cookie tray should be without!
The cookies are perfectly spiced with ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and molasses. All the things that give them the unique snappy flavor we love gingerbread for.
They’re rolled in sugar to give them a crackly coating, a step you definitely don’t want to skip. Not only does it make them look pretty but adds yet another layer of texture that heightens their joy.
Every bite is interesting with a little crunch from the sugar, a lot of soft chewiness and the best part of all the sweet kiss in the middle.
Chewy gingerbread blossom cookies rolled in sugar with chocolate Hershey kiss centers.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl beat butter and brown sugar together with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add molasses, egg and vanilla; mix well.
- On low speed gradually beat in the flour mixture until well mixed. Press dough into a flat disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls, roll in granulated or coarse sugar to coat and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to brown. Remove from oven and immediately press a Hershey kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Remove to wire racks and cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Adapted from McCormick