(This is a sponsored post.)
Changing up your french toast routine for the holidays is as easy as switching out the milk in your batter for Silk® Holiday Nog! It’s a tradition in my house that I look forward to every year.
The french toast batter is made of eggs, Silk® Holiday Nog (your flavor choice), ground nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. There are three flavors of Silk® Holiday Nog to chose from:
- Silk® Soy Nog Original
- Silk® Almond Nog Pumpkin Spice
- Silk® Almond Nog Original
They all have less than 80 calories per serving and are dairy-free, egg-free and saturated fat-free. All that and they’re incredibly delicious! Smooth, creamy and a little sweet, they make my french toast extra special.
Silk® Holiday Nogs are not limited to french toast or drinking! Use them to inject flavor into your holiday recipes whether it be cookies, cake or candy. Experiment with replacing the milk/liquid with one of the Silk® Holiday Nogs and good things will happen. New traditions are always waiting to be started.
This is mine. French toast made better.
Visit www.silk.com/holidays for recipes, a free digital holiday recipe book, a coupon, and more!
|Holiday Eggnog French Toast|| |
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup Silk® Nog (original, almond or pumpkin spice)
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- a dash of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 slices of bread
- real maple syrup, for serving
- fresh whipped cream, for serving
- In a wide, shallow dish whisk the eggs, nog, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla together.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add a pat of butter.
- Add a slice of bread at a time to the egg mixture and turn to coat/soak it well with the batter.
- Coat the pan with the butter and (working in batches) cook the bread until golden brown then flip and repeat on the other side.
- Serve with a pat of butter, a drizzle of maple syrup and fresh whipped cream.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.