With Valentine’s Day on the horizon you may be looking for ways to gussy up your desserts and add a special finishing touch. These free-form chocolate garnishes allow a personalized message to be added to any dessert. They are ridiculously easy to make and lots of fun too.
Simply melt chocolate, add it to a piping bag or baggie with the tip cut off and pipe away. Hearts, flowers, names, xoxo’s, hugs and kisses, special messages – whatever your creative, little heart desires to say! Now you can say it with chocolate! What could be sweeter? Eating your own words has never been so delicious!
1. Rough chop a chocolate bar* into pieces. Melt over a double boiler or using the microwave ‘melt chocolate’ setting. Stir or whisk until smooth. Allow chocolate to cool slightly. If its real hot it will pipe out too fast, it should be lukewarm to the touch.
2. Meanwhile line a sheet pan or a large cutting board with parchment or wax paper.
3. Fill a piping bag fitted with a small writing tip or a plastic baggie halfway, knot the top and cut a very small corner off the bag. A squeeze bottle with a small tip will also work.
4. Pipe free form shapes onto the parchment paper. Allow to set until firm in a cool place.
5. Peel shapes carefully from parchment and adorn your desserts. Store unused shapes in a cool, dry place, between pieces of parchment/wax paper.
I don’t recommend putting them in the refrigerator because chocolate bloom or white spots may develop over the chocolate.
*Chocolate chips are ok to use, but not my preference, if you find the chocolate too thick or it won’t harden, mix in a teaspoon or more of shortening until you get the consistency you like. This will also help it set up. Dark chocolate ones work the best.
|A sneak peek at my next post!|
foodie_views_link_url = ‘BLOG_POST_URL’;