Sweet and buttery lemon sunshine bundt cake bursting with lemon and zucchini! Lemon pucker fills every bite and you can see the green zucchini flecks throughout the cake, assuring it will be moist and dense yet light and tender all at the same time.
Even though lemons are in peak season during the winter months summer was made for them. So bright, juicy and refreshing, not a day goes by that doesn’t find me reaching for them. Most of all I love their citrusy bite paired with sugar whether it be in lemonade or baked goods.
Cake wrapped around zucchini? Yes, please. This makes it easy to eat your veggies.
A sweet, buttery cake bursting with lemon and zucchini.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 6-cup bundt pan with butter and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Grate the zucchini on the large holes of a box grater then wring out most but not all of the water by placing it in a clean kitchen towel and twisting it.
- Stir together the eggs and sugar, then stir in the melted butter, zucchini, vanilla, lemon zest and juice.
- Stir in the flour mixture.
- Transfer batter to the pan and bake about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool 15 minutes.
- Run a paring knife around the edges then turn out onto wire rack or cake dish and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled make the glaze by whisking the sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice, add more if needed. The glaze should be thick but will run off the spoon when lifted.
- Top the cake with spoonfuls of glaze then sprinkle with lemon zest. Refrigerate leftovers.
Adapted from Martha Stewart
Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved.