Here is a mouth-watering recipe for monterey chicken with barbecue sauce, monterey jack cheese, fried onions, green chiles, and bacon. It’s a play on the monterey chicken from Chili’s that I’ve never eaten myself but have been hearing so much about.
Now I know why. It’s fast become a favorite!
Who wouldn’t love chicken slathered in barbecue sauce then smothered in cheese with fried onions, green chiles and bacon on top? It sounds slightly rich and heavy but isn’t. The great thing about it is you can control how much cheese and bacon you want to use.
I love all the different flavors. Smoky, sweet and spicy. They meld together in a way that’s hearty, satisfying and insanely delicious!
Here is a mouth-watering recipe for monterey chicken with barbecue sauce, monterey jack cheese, fried onions, green chiles, and bacon.
- An hour or two before baking pound out chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap using a meat mallet or a skillet to an even thickness. Season with salt and pepper then marinate in the barbecue sauce (refrigerate).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake the chicken until cooked through - to an internal temperature of 164 - 175 degrees F.
- While the chicken is baking cook the bacon until crispy in a small skillet or in a separate pan in oven alongside the chicken. In a large skillet saute the onion in a few tablespoons of oil until tender, add green chiles and saute for a few more minutes.
- When chicken is cooked through turn on broiler and sprinkle chicken generously with cheese. Melt under the broiler, keeping a very close eye on it.
- Top chicken with green chile/onion mixture and crumbled bacon.
Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved.