Chicken breasts stuffed and rolled with salami and mozzarella then baked in tomato sauce until hot and bubbly. An easy way to spice up chicken night!
If you’re anything like me then you eat a ton of chicken and that can get pretty boring. . . trust me when I say this is super easy and doesn’t take long to prep at all despite what it looks like.
In just a few minutes you can throw together a high quality meal packed with flavor that everyone will love. Even guests.
Chicken breasts pounded thin and rolled up with thinly sliced salami and shredded mozzarella cheese tucked inside. They slowly bake in a tomato sauce bath covered in more cheese until the centers get melted and gooey making them delicious both inside and out.
You can substitute pepperoni for the salami and a different type of cheese (one that melts well) if you like. Serve with pasta, couscous, rice, polenta or a grain.
Chicken breasts stuffed and rolled with salami and mozzarella then baked in tomato sauce until hot and bubbly.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Cover the bottom of the dish generously with sauce.
- Pound out the chicken between saran wrap to an even 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Working one at a time place one ounce of salami on each chicken breast starting from the thinnest end and stopping an inch from the opposite end. Sprinkle 2 heaping tablespoons of mozzarella over top and then roll up starting from the thinnest end. Secure with a toothpick and place in pan.
- Spoon sauce over top of each one and then pour any leftover sauce into bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake 45 minutes until bubbly all over. Remove the toothpicks for serving. Serve with pasta or rice.
Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved.