No-knead, overnight artisan bread with a crunchy “everything bagel” topping of poppy seeds, sesame seeds, coarse salt, dried onion and dried garlic.
The bread itself only has 4 ingredients: all-purpose or bread flour, instant yeast, salt and water. They’re mixed together and left to rise overnight at room temperature.
The next day you turn the bread over on itself a few times and leave it to rise a second time for two hours.
The dough is formed into a ball, brushed with butter and sprinkled with the “everything bagel” topping.
The one thing you really need to bake this in is a Dutch oven for that wonderful crackly finish. Plus it helps hold the shape because the dough is pretty soft and mushy.
It’s the best bread and so super easy to make! It’s just like the artisan or pheasant bread you buy at the bakery and makes the most delicious toast, paninis and sandwiches.
I’ll let you in on a little secret: double the batch because the first loaf will disappear right before your very eyes.
Have a back-up. . .
|Overnight No-Knead "Everything Bagel" Artisan Bread|| |
- 3 cups all-purpose or bread flour
- ¼ teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 1 + ½ cups room temperature water plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 + ½ teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 + ½ teaspoons sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- coarse sea or kosher salt
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the flour, yeast and salt together.
- Pour in the water and stir until well combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit out overnight 10 - 12 hours.
- Sprinkle a work surface with flour and turn out the dough. Turn it over on itself a few times and then cover with plastic wrap and let it rest 10 - 15 minutes.
- Line a 3.5 quart Dutch oven with parchment paper and sprinkle cornmeal over the bottom.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place it in the Dutch oven. The dough will be very soft - use a bench scraper or cake lifter to help.
- Cover with the lid and let it rise 2 more hours.
- After 2 hours preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small bowl mix the poppy seeds, sesame seeds, onion and garlic together.
- Brush the melted butter over the top of the bread and sprinkle the seed mixture over it.
- Sprinkle the top with coarse salt.
- Bake with the lid on 20 minutes.
- Take off the lid and bake until the top is golden brown and makes a hollow sound when tapped 10 - 15 minutes longer.
- Let it cool in the pan 1 hour then turn out onto a cutting board and cool completely.
- Slice it into big wedges or cut it in half then slice lengthwise for shorter slices.
- Store tightly covered in a cool, dry place up to 4 days.
©Copyright 2016 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved
Nutrition info is for the entire loaf.
Nutrition Information calculated by Edamam.