Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken

Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken

These quick and easy chicken breasts get their crunchy coating from mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. For taking mere minutes to throw together the results are impressive. The inside stays juicy, tender and succulent, while the coating is crispy and flavorful.

So good this was I ended up making them twice in one week! The first time I used bone-in chicken with the skin on and the result was just like fried chicken. Super crispy and delectable. If you’re looking for an alternative to frying chicken this is the closest thing I’ve found.

The second time I used chicken cutlets. With barely 10 minutes of prep and a 12 minute cooking time they were on the table in record time. I turned the broiler on for the last-minute or two to help crisp them up, with such a short cooking time they needed a little help in that department.

I turned the leftovers into chicken Parmesan by briefly baking them with sauce and mozzarella on top, then broiling them to get the cheese bubbly and golden brown. Served over pasta, it was a delicious way to reinvent the leftovers.

Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken

Yield: 4 servings

Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken

An outrageously juicy way to change your dinnertime chicken routine.

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
4 tsp. Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
  2. Combine mayonnaise with cheese in medium bowl. Arrange chicken on baking sheet. Evenly top with mayonnaise mixture, then sprinkle with bread crumbs.
  3. Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.

Adapted from Hellmann's

Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved.

Comments

1. Cynthia says

Hi. I was drawn to this recipe because it said it was the Hellman’s recipe but “changed up.” As I read the recipe, I couldn’t find any changes in it at all. Am I missing something? Can you tell me how it’s different from the Hellman’s recipe? Thanks so much!

Hi Cynthia! This was a post I did for Hellmann’s! “Changed up” refers to you, the reader, making this to change up your own chicken routine! It has nothing to do with me changing the recipe. I hope you give it a try!

• Cynthia says

Hi Reeni:

I need to stop reading everything so literally!!! Your description makes perfect sense and the recipe is on the menu tonight! Thanks for sharing! :-)

2. Josie says

Hi, Reeni! Thank you for sharing such a tasty recipe! Did you flatten your chicken with a mallet first? I had trouble with the topping sliding off the chicken. Do you think it might be because I used boneless, skinless breast halves that I didn’t flatten? Thanks again so much!

Hi Josie! I’m sorry that happened! I never had that problem with it before – I’ve made it both ways – a few times. Surely that was the culprit or maybe extra slippery chicken!? :-) I hope you give it a try again with flatter chicken – pounding it out helps it to cook evenly and make it more tender too. Thank-you so much for making it!!

3. Shanel says

Hey I was just wondering if anyone tried it using another kind of cheese like Cheddar. I do not have anymore parm left in my fridge.

I haven’t heard of anyone using cheddar before Shanel! It doesn’t melt the same – it would be good but I don’t know if it would get as crispy.

4. stephanie says

have you heard of using plain greek yogurt instead of mayo for a healthier alternative?? Just wondering if the substitution would be the same taste?

Hi Stephanie! I haven’t tried it yet but I’m betting it would work out great! Let me know how it turns out if you give it a go. :-)

5. Sharry says

Oh my goodness, ate this tonight, and was so so so good. Every one in my house thought it was delicious. Thanks for sharing this.