Easy bar cookies packed with peanut butter flavor, chocolate chips and walnuts.
A cookie meets a blondie. With a bonus. A chocolate frosting slathered on top that makes itself.
I can’t help but love that.
Chocolate chips scattered over top of the hot bars straight out of the oven melt to make the frosting. You can’t go wrong.
Every single bite screams peanut butter followed by melty chocolate chips and crunchy walnuts. Classic favorites that everybody loves! Especially me.
It’s nearly impossible to eat just one of these thick, chewy delectable bars. . . but you could try.
I might even triple dog dare you.
Easy bar cookies packed with peanut butter, chocolate chips and walnuts with a chocolate frosting that makes itself!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13 by-9-inch baking pan with parchment paper or foil allowing a little excess to hang over the sides. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk flour, baking soda and salt together. In a large bowl whisk the melted butter and both sugars until combined. Whisk in the eggs, peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in the flour mixture just until combined - don’t overmix or the bars will be rubbery. Fold in 2 cups of the chocolate chips along with the nuts.
- Put the dough in the prepared pan and smooth out evenly. Bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven and scatter the remaining 2 cups of chocolate chips over top. Allow to melt 10-15 minutes then smooth out the chocolate with a butter knife to frost the bars. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- When completely cool carefully lift out of the pan using the parchment paper to a cutting board. Cut into squares or rectangular bars with a sharp chef’s knife wiping clean after each cut. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place up to 1 week.
Adapted from The Cooking Channel
Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved.