October is for showering love on pumpkins. I’m doing my share.
I don’t know why pumpkin and peanut butter are such a rare pair. While they seem odd together the truth is they make a delicious match. So downright dreamy I swear they were meant for each other.
Every bite of this delectable bread comes packed with sweetened pumpkin and peanut butter punctuated by subtle hits of chocolate. Perfectly moist, dense and terribly addicting.
Once the news get out we’ll be seeing pumpkin and peanut butter creations everywhere. A win-win for pumpkin lovers everywhere.
You’re very welcome.
A perfectly moist and delicious bread with pumpkin, peanut butter and chocolate in every bite!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 standard sized loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together. Add the chocolate chips and toss to coat them with the flour.
- In a separate bowl whisk the pumpkin, eggs, oil, water, peanut butter and applesauce together. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Divide the batter evenly among the two pans. Bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks 10-15 minutes then turn out from pans and cool completely on the wire racks. Store tightly wrapped in a cool, dry place up to 5 days.
Adapted from Taste of Home