Making soft pretzels at home has never been easier! Store bought or homemade pizza dough makes some of the best pretzels you will ever taste. They bake up golden and crusty with tender, chewy middles that are just as good if not better than traditional pretzels.
Where there’s pizza dough let there be cheese! Mozzarella, Parmesan and cream cheese plus pizza sauce equals a gooey dip made purely for your dipping pleasure.
These are completely customizable to how big or small, thin or fat you want to make them. You can make short, chubby ones or tall, skinny ones. Whatever suits your fancy.
The ones you see here are 4 ounces of pizza dough rolled out to 24-inch ropes. They’re a tad on the big side.
If you find the dough hard to work with let it rest a few minutes in between “rolling” it out. Aside from the traditional method of rolling it under your palm on a lightly floured surface you can also pick it up and gently roll it between the palm of your hands working your way down the rope.
Aside from coarse salt you be creative and sprinkle the tops with Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, poppy seeds, sesame seeds or caraway seeds. Even coarse sugar for a sweet twist. You can also brush them with butter hot from the oven and dip them in cinnamon sugar. Whatever your little heart desires.
The pizza dip isn’t mandatory! I love honey mustard for dunking them in and have also been known to dip them in everything from peanut butter to ketchup to softened cream cheese to mayo. I’m a wild one.
Something about a hot pretzel makes me a little crazy.
Making soft pretzels at home has never been easier! Store bought or homemade pizza dough makes some of the best pretzels you will ever taste.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silpat.
- Divide the dough into 3 or 4 ounce pieces of dough (1/3 - 1/2 cup each).
- On a lightly floured surface roll out under your palm into 20 - 24 inch long ropes. It may take a few minutes to get them that long - roll them out then allow the dough to rest for a few minutes then repeat until you get to desired length. You can also pick up the dough and roll it between the palms of your hands working your way down the length of the rope.
- Form the ropes into pretzels by making a circle with them then twisting the two ends together and bringing it down onto the bottom of the circle. Place on baking sheet, brush with butter or egg and sprinkle with salt. Repeat until all the pretzels are made.
- Bake 12 - 16 minutes depending on their size until golden brown.They are best eaten warm or within a few hours of baking.
- To reheat: 350 degrees F. in the oven for 5 - 10 minutes or until warm.
Mozzarella, Parmesan and cream cheese plus pizza sauce equals a gooey dip made purely for your dipping pleasure.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix all the ingredients together and place in a small greased casserole dish or ramekin.
- Bake about 15 - 20 minutes or until bubbly all over, stirring it halfway through.
This dip was made for Pizza Dough Pretzels