Fresh asparagus spears crusted in lemon Parmesan bread crumbs and roasted until golden brown. Call them crunchy asparagus fries. They come complete with an entirely optional, lemon vinaigrette on the side. For dipping, dunking or drizzling over top.
Asparagus and I are not the best of friends. We’re working on it. This recipe brought us much closer. Fresh lemon zest and Parmesan cheese have a habit of doing that.
Crispy on the outside and creamy in the middle, roasting them makes them taste a little like a string bean. Dipping them into the vinaigrette made me feel like I was eating a fancy french fry.
I could easily get used to that.
Fresh asparagus crusted in lemon Parmesan bread crumbs and roasted until golden brown with an optional lemon vinaigrette on the side.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease or line with parchment a large baking sheet.
- In a wide shallow dish or bowl beat eggs and milk together. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl toss the cheese, bread crumbs and lemon together. Add half to a separate wide, shallow dish (add more from the bowl as needed - if you don't use them all you can save them for another use).
- Working a few at time dunk the stalks in the egg, allow excess to drip off then coat with crumbs using your hands to pat them on. Set on baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown and fork tender 20 - 25 minutes. Serve as is or with lemon vinaigrette.
- To make the vinaigrette pulse the oil, lemon juice and mustard together in a food processor, mix in garlic and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Adapted from Martha Stewart
Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved. No copying or duplication of any content (including photos) without the express written permission from the owner of this website.