Roasted cauliflower “steaks” topped with pesto sauce, mozzarella and black olives for a low-carb, gluten-free version of pizza.
A fresh head of cauliflower is sliced into four “steaks” (using this method) and roasted with olive oil, salt and pepper until fork-tender.
It’s then topped with pesto sauce that melts down into all the nooks and crannies of the cauliflower, shredded mozzarella cheese, sliced black olives and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan.
It’s the next best thing to real pizza and of course you can top it with your favorite toppings including pizza sauce instead of pesto although I must say the pesto was super delicious with the cauliflower.
Plus it’s super easy!! No waiting for dough to rise.
Your kids will eat it too because it’s PIZZA! Helloooooo. . .
My new favorite. I’m never going back.
|Roasted Cauliflower Pizza Steaks|| |
- 1 large head fresh cauliflower (look for one with tight florettes)
- olive oil, for drizzling
- sea salt and fresh black pepper
- ⅔ cup pesto sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 heaping cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the cauliflower into 4 steaks using this method.
- Lay the cauliflower down on the parchment and drizzle with olive oil. Massage it in with your hands.
- Season them with salt and pepper.
- Roast until fork tender 30 - 40 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven and spread the pesto sauce over them.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella, olives and Parmesan.
- Return to the oven and bake until cheese is golden 10 - 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley or basil to serve.