Roasted Lemon Garlic Herb Shrimp

Roasting shrimp intensifies their sweet flavor making them succulent and tender. Here the flavors of garlic, lemon and thyme all mingle together before being tossed with the shrimp and served with angel hair spaghetti.

Olive oil, lemon zest and fresh thyme are briefly roasted without the shrimp to saturate the oil with flavor. The shrimp is then tossed in the fragrant oil with thinly sliced lemon and minced garlic then briefly roasted until they turn pink and start to curl.

I like this best served over thin and delicate angel hair spaghetti tossed with fresh-squeezed lemon juice and a fruity, extra-virgin olive oil. Feel free to serve it over your favorite pasta or grain, couscous or fluffy rice.

It’s light, bright and so deliciously simple it should be criminal! You want to make this tonight! I know you do. Then come back and thank me. You’re welcome.

Roasted Lemon Garlic Herb Shrimp

Yield: 3-4 servings

Roasted Lemon Garlic Herb Shrimp

Roasted shrimp and angel hair spaghetti with garlic, thyme and lemon.

1/3 cup olive oil
1 lemon, zested then half cut into thin slices and other half into wedges
3-4 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves removed
sea or kosher salt and fresh black pepper
spaghetti/pasta, couscous or rice for serving
2 tablespoons butter
1 pound fresh shrimp, medium-sized, deveined with tails off
5 cloves garlic, minced

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In an 8x8 glass baking pan combine olive oil, lemon zest and thyme. Olive oil should liberally cover the bottom of the pan, if it doesn't drizzle in a little more. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes, checking every few minutes, if it looks like it is getting too brown remove and proceed to next step. Meanwhile cook pasta, drain and toss with a pat of butter or olive oil.
  2. Remove pan from oven, add butter and move it around a little to melt, add shrimp, garlic and the thin sliced lemons (don't squeeze them), toss to coat with oil mixture. Bake for 8-10 more minutes or until shrimp turn pink and just start to curl, check often. Serve over pasta, couscous or rice tossed with additional extra-virgin olive oil and fresh-squeezed lemon with additional lemon wedges for serving.

Adapted from Fine Cooking

Comments

1. kelly says

Do you think you could make this recipe with cooked frozen shimp that has been thawed? If so, how would that change the cooking times?

• Stephanie says

I just made this tonight for my family and it was awesome. I did use frozen shrimp as we don`t have a sea food department open during the hours I`m able to do the shopping. It was still very yummy my picky little girls both ate it right up and my hubby cleaned his plate :)

Hi Stephanie! That’s good to know you used frozen shrimp and it worked out ok. Thanks for making them! I’m glad they were a hit!

2. Amanda says

Found this on Pinterest, and OMG I loveeee this. I wished there were leftovers but my family devoured it ! Making it again tonight & I can’t wait !

3. Ginger Hannenberg says

My daughter-in-law, Bridget made this for us the other night and it was delicious! I’m making it tonight as a surprise dinner for my husband.

4. Pat says

Im making this AGAIN tonight. This is soooo good. I add in some zuchini or onions or red bell peppers thinly sliced just to get some veggies in the mix. Putting the oil, lemon, and herb in the oven ahead of time is genius. It fuses the oils from the lemon and the herb with the olive oil so the whole dish is bathed in it. The fragrance is awesome and even the neighbors are getting hungry smelling it.

• Pat says

I also serve it with grits or polenta with a bit of parmesean or cheddar and black pepper stirred in.

Hi Pat! Thanks for making the shrimp! I love your additions and serving it over polenta is a great idea. It does smell absolutely heavenly!

5. Tracy H says

This looks great. I’m ditching the noodles and making it Paleo over zucchini julienned “noodles”.