Roasting shrimp intensifies their sweet flavor making them succulent and tender. Here the flavors of garlic, lemon and thyme all mingle together before being tossed with the shrimp and served with angel hair spaghetti.
Olive oil, lemon zest and fresh thyme are briefly roasted without the shrimp to saturate the oil with flavor. The shrimp is then tossed in the fragrant oil with thinly sliced lemon and minced garlic then briefly roasted until they turn pink and start to curl.
I like this best served over thin and delicate angel hair spaghetti tossed with fresh-squeezed lemon juice and a fruity, extra-virgin olive oil. Feel free to serve it over your favorite pasta or grain, couscous or fluffy rice.
It’s light, bright and so deliciously simple it should be criminal! You want to make this tonight! I know you do. Then come back and thank me.
|Roasted Lemon Garlic Herb Shrimp Scampi|| |
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested then half cut into thin slices and other half into wedges
- 3-4 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves removed
- sea or kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- spaghetti/pasta, couscous or rice for serving
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, medium-sized, deveined with tails off
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- cooked angel hair spaghetti, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In an 8x8 glass baking pan combine olive oil, lemon zest and thyme. Olive oil should liberally cover the bottom of the pan, if it doesn't drizzle in a little more.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes, checking every few minutes, if it looks like it is getting too brown remove and proceed to next step.
- Meanwhile cook pasta, drain and toss with a pat of butter or olive oil.
- Remove pan from oven, add butter and move it around a little to melt, add shrimp, garlic and the thin sliced lemons (don't squeeze them), toss to coat with oil mixture. Bake for 8-10 more minutes or until shrimp turn pink and just start to curl, check often.
- Serve over pasta, couscous or rice tossed with additional extra-virgin olive oil and fresh-squeezed lemon with additional lemon wedges for serving.