Italian sausage, potatoes, bell peppers and onions oven-roasted with fresh rosemary in an olive oil and parmesan cheese dressing.
Yes, I’m still on a roasting binge. No, the end is not near.
One of the many things I love about roasting is the oven does most of the work! A few minutes of prep combined with some flavorful seasonings and dinner is as good as done. It will seem as if you slaved over the stove for hours when nothing could be farther from the truth.
The beauty of this recipe is in its versatility. It’s easy to change the flavors by using different sausages. I used the skinny, coiled sausage with a tomato and basil flavor but any sausage will work! Use your favorite.
The dressing packs a ton of flavor with olive oil, Italian seasonings, garlic, dijon and parmesan cheese. It doesn’t hurt that fresh rosemary and potatoes are a natural couple. The aroma of the two cooking together ranks as one of the best – on the list somewhere up near fresh bread. Your entire house will smell absolutely divine.
If you happen to have your kitchen windows open the otherworldly smell will waft its way through your neighborhood causing your neighbors to wonder what you’re cooking and can they come for dinner?
They might show up in your yard. Uninvited. It’s been known to happen. Best keep them windows closed. Or plan on making extra.
|Roasted Sausage, Potatoes and Peppers|| |
- 12 ounces uncooked sausage, cut in 2-3" long pieces
- 4 cups potatoes, cut in ½" - ¾" cubes
- 3 cups sliced bell pepper, ½" wide and 3" long
- 1 large onion (sliced the same size as peppers)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed between fingers
- ¾ teaspoon coarse sea or kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Add the sausage, potatoes, peppers, onion and rosemary to an extra large mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl whisk olive oil and mustard together. Add garlic, parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper, whisk until well combined.
- Pour over sausage mixture and toss well until everything is coated.
- Grease a large, thin cookie sheet with sides and pour out the mixture. Spread evenly over the baking sheet. Bake 30-45 minutes until sausage is cooked through and potatoes are golden and tender.
- Serve with parmesan and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
©Copyright 2014 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved