All week I’ve been sharing my favorite salads. This is one of the most delicious!
Mexican-inspired crazy corn turned into a pasta salad.
A summer salad packed with pasta, grilled corn, buttery avocado and scallions in a creamy, tangy dressing. A twist on Mexican street corn.
So Mexican street corn, elote, is corn on the cob slathered with mayonnaise, cotija and chile powder. Then you have esquites. A Mexican corn salad which is essentially the very same street corn made into a salad you eat with a fork instead of your hands.
The pasta lover in me took it even one step further and turned it into a pasta salad. It seemed like a totally natural progression.
Salty, sweet, sour, spicy and tangy. . . this salad has all that and more! I want it on my plate every single day starting right now until the end of the summer.
So simple but so spectacular!
|Salad Week: Mexican Crazy Corn Pasta Salad|| |
- 8 ounces radiatore pasta or similar sized pasta
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon chile powder, plus more for dusting top
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice plus more for serving
- 3 cups corn cut from grilled corn on the cob (3-4 ears)
- 1 diced avocado
- ¼ cup chopped green scallions
- ½ cup Cotija or feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro (or parsley or basil)
- coarse salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta to al dente in plenty of salted boiling water.
- Meanwhile whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add to a large bowl with a tiny bit of the dressing - toss to coat, cover and refrigerate until cool.
- Once cooled mix in the corn, avocado, scallion, both cheeses and the cilantro. Add the dressing a little at a time tossing gently to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature with a dusting of chile powder and lime wedges.
Copyright ©208 - 2017 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved.