Close your eyes for a moment and imagine biting into the most intensely chocolate brownie that your mind and taste buds can conjure up. Now open your eyes. Here they are! The fudge brownies of my your dreams.
These are the fudgiest brownies to ever cross my lips! Speckled with salted peanuts and an optional peanut butter frosting they are a chocoholic and peanut butter-lovers delight.
Because they’re so incredibly rich and candy-like they hardly need the finishing touch of the frosting. It’s almost overkill. Almost.
A myriad of cravings can be satiated with just a small square. You have your chocolate, peanut butter, chocolate with peanut butter and just plain old sugar cravings. Check, check, check and check. All covered.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 9-inch square metal baking pan (line with parchment or foil first for easier handling of brownies, then grease)
- Melt butter, semisweet chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate in a medium sized heavy bottomed saucepan over low heat. Stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Whisk sugar, eggs, instant coffee granules if using, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a large bowl just until combined. Whisk in a few tablespoons of the warm chocolate to temper the eggs and then whisk all of it in. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl whisk 2/3 cup all purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium bowl then whisk it into the chocolate mixture. Mix in chips and peanuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake about 40 minutes, a tester inserted into center should come out with some moist crumbs still attached and it will still seem a little ‘jiggly’ when shaken (do not over bake). Cool completely and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Frost with peanut butter frosting if desired and crumble salted peanuts over top. Cut into squares with a large chef's knife dipped in hot water and wiped clean after each cut.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat all ingredients together until smooth and fluffy.
Adapted from Epicurious
Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved. No copying or duplication of any content (including photos) without the express written permission from the owner of this website.