Crockpot chicken chili is the perfect meal for these long, hot summer days!
It’s a great feeling having everything tucked away into the crock pot early so it can work its magic while you go about your day. Dinner is taken care of, no worries, without slaving over a hot stove.
This version uses boneless chicken breasts, onion, red pepper, garlic, pinto beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles and chicken broth with chili powder, cumin, oregano and smoked paprika for seasonings. It isn’t one of those super thick versions but it isn’t like soup either, it’s somewhere in between the two. If you like it thick leave out the broth and double the tomatoes.
I love the slow cooker for cooking chicken! It comes out so tender that it falls apart at the touch and melts in your mouth. For this you put the chicken breasts in whole and then right before serving pull them out, shred or cut into bite-sized pieces and stick it all back into the pot.
My Dad is the opposite.
Plop down a bowl of anything containing beans in front of him and his face lights up. He must have a cowboy heart because they eat them day and night until the cows come home.
Just the same way we ate this chili.
Crockpot chicken chili is the perfect meal for these long, hot summer days! It's a great feeling having everything tucked away into the crock pot early in the day so it can work its magic while you go about your day. Dinner is taken care of, no worries, without slaving over a hot stove.
- In a 4 quart or larger crockpot mix together the broth, tomatoes and all the spices.
- Mix in the beans, corn, onion, pepper and garlic. Nestle in the chicken breasts.
- Cook on high 4 hours or low 6 - 8.
- Remove the chicken breasts to a cutting board and shred or chop into bite-sized pieces. Add back to the pot.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with your choice of fixing's.
Copyright ©2014 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved