Something Borrowed, Something Blue…Blogger Secret Ingredient
Heather of girlichef has passed the BSI (Blogger Secret Ingredient) torch on to me this week. I’m excited because this couldn’t have come at a better time. My favorite fruit is in season right now! Something borrowed something blue. . . berries! Sweet, plump, juicy blueberries. The super fruit. I could eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner and all the moments in between.
All you have to do is create a recipe using blueberries, post it to your blog and link back to this post. Make sure to let me know by leaving a comment on this post with the URL to your recipe. You can also e-mail me to be sure I get it – cinnamonyspice@ gmail.com. If you don’t have a blog and would like to enter e-mail me your recipe with a picture if possible. All of your entries will be posted with the links at the end of this post as I receive them. You have until Sunday 12 noon Eastern Standard time to get me your entries. And did I mention the prize? I’m giving away a lightly used (as in never) cookbook from my own collection. It will be the winner’s choice between A Taste from the Past: Good Old Food, The Great American Seafood Cookbook, Cooking with the Chicken Man or Electric Bread. Everyone will have an equal chance at winning. Instead of personally picking the recipe I will assign you a number in the order I receive your entry and use a random generator to pick the winner. So get to blue-berry picking and send me some finger-lickin’ good recipes!
Blueberries are one of the top ten power foods. They are extremely high in antioxidants and just a ½ cup of these beauties will give you twice the amount of antioxidants that most adults consume in a whole day. They are good for your brain and may help prevent memory loss and improve nighttime vision. This is reason enough to eat more blueberries!
My blueberry entry is crespelle, an Italian crepe, filled with a sweet Ricotta and topped with a generous dollop of fresh blueberry sauce. I made these on Father’s Day for my Dad’s special breakfast; he quickly polished off three plates of them and said he could eat more!
Here is a list of BSI Assignments to date:
Week 36: Cinnamon, Spice & Everything Nice - Blueberries
Here are the entries:
1. Weekend Cook: Nectarine and Blueberry Crisp with Amaretti Cookie Topping
2. Nutmeg Nanny: Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes
3. Johnstone’s Vin Blanc: Oatmeal Cookies w/ Dried Blueberries & Cranberries
4. The Ungourmet: Double Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes w/ Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
5. chow and chatter: Blueberry & Chocolate Cake
6. Smoky Mountain Cafe: Blueberry Sour Cream & Coconut Cake
7. Blue Cotton Memory: Blue Cotton Crunch
8. Baker’s Corner…Somewhere In My Kitchen: Blueberry Cheesecake
9. Chaya’s Comfy Cook Blog: Peach & Blueberry Crumble
10. Life’s a Feast: Blueberry-Raspberry Muffle
11. Angie’s Recipes: Blueberry Cheesecake
12. Girlichef: Blueberry Pomgria
13. Chez What?: Blueberry Souffle w/ Blueberry Sauce
14. Five Star Foodie Culinary Adventures: Chocolate Covered Blueberries
15. Eats Well With Others: Blueberry Banana Muffins
16. Burp and Slurp: Blueberry-Walnut Pesto