These sweet and spicy walnuts make the best snack or appetizer for New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day! The second best thing about them is they need only five minutes of hands on time for which you will be rewarded greatly. Thanks to McCormick.
The nuts are tossed in egg whites and McCormick® pure vanilla extract first then coated in sugar, salt, McCormick® ground cinnamon and ground red pepper. You spread them out on a baking sheet and roast them slowly for an hour where that sugary, spicy coating caramelizes and turns these into addictive little bundles of joy.
They’re are also great for adding flavor to your salads or vegetables!
Here are some more of my favorite ‘party’ recipes from McCormick!
- Cranberry Rum Brie
- Confetti Spinach Dip
- Easy Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Creamy Shrimp and Dill Puffs
- Southwest Deviled Eggs
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Honey Spice Dip
- Orange Glazed Turkey Meatballs
- Champagne Cheddar Spread
These sweet and spicy walnuts make the best snack or appetizer for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day! The second best thing about them is they need only five minutes of hands on time for which you will be rewarded greatly.
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Mix sugar, cinnamon, red pepper and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat egg white and vanilla in a separate medium bowl until foamy. Add walnuts and toss to coat.
- Add spice mixture; toss to coat nuts evenly. Spread nuts in single layer on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 1 hour, halfway through stir the walnuts and spread back out in an even layer.
- Cool slightly and break apart. Cool completely and store in airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Adapted from McCormick
Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved
This is a sponsored post for McCormick. All opinions are my own.
Happy New Year!