A quick and easy penne pasta tossed in a creamy sauce packed with the flavors of sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. I can’t help but love a recipe where the sauce can be made in the same time it takes the pasta to cook! Especially on a night when you want need good food fast but don’t have time to spend in the kitchen.
The simple sauce starts with a quick saute of garlic, oil-packed, sun-dried tomatoes and fresh spinach leaves, then half & half, sour cream and pasta water is mixed in. The starchy water from cooking the pasta thins out the thick sauce and helps it coat and cling to every nook and cranny in the pasta. Chicken or shrimp would be a great addition to!
The tangy sour cream is the perfect counterpoint to the acidity of the chewy tomatoes, the richness of the half & half and the freshness of the spinach.
It’s a delicious combination that comforts and satisfies on every level.
A quick and easy penne pasta tossed in a rich and creamy sauce packed with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions in plenty of salted water to al dente - before draining set aside 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-low heat saute garlic and tomatoes in olive oil for 3-4 minutes then add spinach and cook, stirring often until spinach is wilted.
- In a small bowl whisk half & half, sour cream and 1/2 cup of pasta water together. Add to pan and mix well with spinach mixture.
- Add penne and mix well, adding more pasta water if needed to make enough sauce to coat the pasta.
- Serve immediately with plenty of Parmesan cheese.
Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved. No copying or duplication of any content (including photos) without the express written permission from the owner of this website.