Fluffy, crepe-like pancakes rolled up with a strawberry cream cheese sauce and garnished with sliced, fresh strawberries and a dusting of powdered sugar. A recipe to take your everyday pancake and dress it up special.
Did you notice? I maybe, kind of, soft of, started a little early with the strawberry recipes this year. You know I have uncontrollable urges when they are near. I can’t help scooping as many as my refrigerator can handle into my shopping cart.
If you really do know me then you know I’m just biding my time with strawberries until my first true love shows up. Strawberries little violet sister. Blueberries.
Until then I’ll happily answer my berry cravings with strawberries. Puréed with cream cheese, lemon and a touch of sugar they make a creamy sauce for these light, airy pancakes.
The most perfect spring and summer-time breakfast treat.
Fluffy, crepe-like pancakes rolled up with a strawberry cream cheese sauce and garnished with sliced, fresh strawberries and a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Process 1 cup of the strawberries in a blender or food processor until smooth. Strain the puree through a wire mesh into a bowl pushing it through with the back of a wooden spoon. Add back to the blender or food processor with the cream cheese, lemon juice and sugar. Process until smooth. Taste and add more sugar if desired.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, buttermilk, and milk until just blended then whisk this mixture into the flour mixture just until evenly moistened.
- Heat a large non-stick griddle or frying pan over medium heat and grease with a small pat of butter or cooking spray.
- Pour 1/3 cup portions into the middle of the pan and cook until pancakes are browned on the bottom and edges begin to look dry, about 2 minutes; turn with a wide spatula and cook the other side until golden brown.
- To keep the pancakes warm as you're making them set on a small baking sheet and place in a 200 degree F. oven.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture onto each pancake and roll up. Drizzle more sauce over top, sprinkle with sliced strawberries and confectioners' sugar.
Adapted from My Recipes
Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved. No copying or duplication of any content (including photos) without the express written permission from the owner of this website.