Comments

1. pepi says

They are called kourabiedes in greece. We make them only for christmas and we use almonds.
    I like yours, they look fluffy and i love your pictures!!!!!

2. Car says

I just made these and they weren’t what I remembered when I was young making these. I love them, but this dough was too dry and too hard to roll into balls. I checked other recipes and found this has only 1/2 of the butter, no salt and less powdered sugar that them. I am sorry Reeni.

No need to be sorry Car! I hope you’ll give those other recipes a try so you can bring back those memories. My family loves these – been making them for more years than I care to admit. I get requests from relatives in other states to send them every Christmas. Never had any kind of problem with them.

Update: Just realized this isn’t my family recipe! Oops – this is a new one I tried for the first time this year. They turned out fine for me and I sent them to relatives in place of my normal family recipe.

3. Henrietta Dixon says

Hi Rennie I just lucked up and and found your sight when I was browsing the other day, and boy am I glad I did you have some truly delicious looking recipes (I have not had the chance to try any yet but believe me I am going to do just that) as soon as I can. I really can hardly wait to get the first one done and I can’t decide which to try first but as soon as I do I will let you know how it turned out.We do have one or two things I cannot stand jello and I love rainy days, the sea and good hot tea with honey. ( I’ve also been known to eat a brownie or two for breakfast) so I think we will get along famously, especiall since we both love to bake. My monicur is Diva 31.

Hi Henrietta! It is great to hear from a kindred spirit! I’m glad you found me – enjoy the recipes and let me know how it goes if you make them. Have a beautiful weekend!

4. jay novak says

Please let me know if this is plain flour or self raising flour. I am an Aussie – and we usually bake with self raising. But, in our recipes, if it is not stated that it is self raising flour, it means it is plain. But hey, just checking. I love walnuts so these will work for me.

5. jessica says

I also found that this recipe does not have the right amount of butter. I just wasted a whole batch of these ingredients because it just looks like crumbs. I’m very disappointe d!