Zucchini bread that tastes just like Christmas! Every bite is bursting with warm spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice. The perfect companions for a rich and fluffy cream cheese frosting.
If not for the little green flecks running through the bread you wouldn’t even know the zucchini was in there. It’s one of those ingredients that works behind the scenes to help keeps the bread moist and tender without adding much flavor.
If you have zucchini on hand and are longing for the flavors of fall and winter then this has your name stamped all over it.
Zucchini bread that tastes just like Christmas! Every bite is bursting with warm spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice. The perfect companions for a rich, fluffy cream cheese frosting.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously coat a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan with butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, oil, vanilla and eggs.
- Into a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and salt.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture, and stir to combine well. Stir in grated zucchini.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes then invert onto a wire rack then turn so the top side is up. Cool completely before frosting.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract. With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time and beat until creamy, fluffy and thick enough to spread.
- Slather the frosting evenly over the bread. Slice, eat and enjoy.
Adapted from Martha Stewart
Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved