Spinach, cream cheese and white cheddar cheese rolled up in buttery, flaky pastry and baked until they puff up and turn golden brown with gooey centers.
They make great party appetizers, game day or movie snacks. You can make them ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze them so they’re at your fingertips when needed.
Have I told you of my deep, abiding love for puff pastry? Irresistible, unforgettable and incredibly delicious are just a few words that come to mind. Do you feel the same way?
I always have a package in my freezer for when those cravings hit. You can stuff them with just about anything whether it be sweet or savory and they always turn out well.
These will disappear fast!
Better make a double batch.
|Cheesy Spinach Roll-Ups|| |
- 8 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped yellow onion
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 sheet puff pastry (9x9-inch), thawed
- grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- In a colander squeeze the excess water out of the spinach.
- In a medium bowl combine the spinach and cream cheese together with a fork.
- Stir in the white cheddar cheese, onion, garlic powder,
- In a small bowl beat the egg with 1 tablespoon water.
- On a floured work surface unfold the puff pastry and brush it with the egg.
- Spread the spinach mixture evenly from edge to edge. Roll it up.
- Place it on a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place it back on the floured work surface and brush all over with the egg wash.
- With a serrated knife slice into ½-inch thick slices. Place on the parchment-lined baking sheet
- Bake 15 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges and cooked through in the center.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to serve.