Luxurious baked risotto with cubes of roasted butternut squash and Parmesan cheese. No need to stand at the stove babysitting your risotto! This baked version cooks up just as creamy if not creamier than it’s stove-top counterpart. Pinky swear.
This cheater method not only frees up your stove but you too! So you can do other things. Like make stove-top chicken scarpariello to go alongside it and throw together a pan of cheesecake brownies for dessert.
So rich, soft and smooth the rice all but melts in your mouth. The squash gives it a touch of sweetness that is nicely balanced by the salty parmesan cheese. I’m sure heavy cream does wonders for its overall consistency. You can’t go wrong with butter, cream and Parmesan. The holy grail for risotto.
If risotto is something you’ve always wanted to try but haven’t, maybe because you were scared or didn’t have the time or patience than this recipe is a great place to start! You really can’t go wrong.
The outcome is truly extra special for very little effort. Pinky swear.
Luxurious baked risotto with cubes of roasted butternut squash and Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a roasting pan or medium baking sheet.
- Toss the squash with 2 tablespoons oil and season well with salt and pepper. Spread out on baking sheet and roast until tender about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet heat the remaining tablespoon of oil and saute the onion and garlic seasoned with salt and pepper until tender.
- If pan is dry add a touch more olive oil along with the rice. Toast the rice 2 - 3 minutes, stirring often. Add the rice and onion mixture to deep-sided, large casserole dish with a lid. Stir in the chicken broth and heavy cream.
- Bake with the lid on about 40 - 45 minutes or until rice is tender. If there is still liquid left that is ok it will thicken as it stands.
- Stir the butter and Parmesan into the rice then stir in the cooked squash. Garnish with parsley and serve.