Flaky cod fillets topped with a tasty Parmesan and lemon breadcrumb topping. Fast and easy enough for a busy weeknight without sacrificing on flavor.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (just the top yellow layer not the white pith)
- 3 - 4 cod fillets (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
- ¼ cup Italian seasoned
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Grease a baking sheet or pan.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, Parmesan and lemon zest together.
- Arrange the cod on the baking sheet so it's not touching.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture over the top of each one then sprinkle with
- Bake 14 - 20 minutes depending on the size of your filets until the fish is flaky and
- Serve with lemon slices/wedges.
©Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved.
Grated Parmesan cheese and lemon zest are mixed with mayo and spread over cod fillets then topped with seasoned Italian bread crumbs. Once baked it gives the cod a delicious crunchy topping that’s hard to forget.
This is the same topping I use on one of my most popular chicken recipes except I added lemon zest because fish absolutely calls for it. They love each other. It brightens everything up and makes the flavor of the fish pop.
I hope you love it as much as I.