Every time I let myself buy a jar of Nutella my mind naturally wanders to bananas and desserts.
I say “let” because with it’s irresistible pull, Nutella cannot be safely kept in my pantry for any length of time. Once opened it needs to be used fairly fast before the spoon scrapes bottom. A sentiment I know many of us share.
I fell in love with the banana and Nutella combination a long time ago. Bananas love the hazelnut kissed spread almost as much as I. They seemingly bring out the best in each other and top the list as one of my favorite ways to showcase Nutella.
These banana cupcakes couldn’t be easier to whip up using one-bowl and a short list of ingredients. They are a cross between a cupcake and a muffin. They fall somewhere in the middle, being more dense than a cupcake but not quite a muffin.
The frosting is super sweet like candy. It needs to be used immediately before it sets up and becomes hard to spread. And not so pretty.
In the end all that matters is they taste pretty. And they do.
One-bowl banana cupcakes with an irresistible Nutella frosting.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and add butter, bananas, eggs, and vanilla. Mix the wet ingredients together briefly then incorporate the flour mixture, stirring until just mixed, being careful not to over mix.
- Spoon batter into muffins cups or use a large ice cream scoop, dividing evenly among each one about 3/4 full.
- Bake about 22 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool in pan about 5 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely before frosting.
- In a stand mixer or using a hand beater whip nutella and butter in a large bowl until well combined, beat in confectioners sugar, then add vanilla and 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, continue beating on high speed adding more cream or confectioners' if needed. Frost cupcakes immediately.
Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved.