A cold black bean and corn salad with feta cheese, avocado, tomatoes and red onions dressed in a sriracha honey lime dressing.
It makes a great side dish or lunch and is perfect for a picnic or barbecue.
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups corn, fresh, canned or frozen
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 diced avocado mixed with 1 tablespoon lime juice so it doesn't turn brown
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- scant ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon
freshsqueezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or other hot sauce, plus more if you like it super spicy
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl toss all the salad ingredients together.
- In a small bowl whisk all the dressing ingredients together except the salt and pepper.
- Pour it over the salad and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper and more sriracha if desired.
- Chill for 45 minutes to 1 hour before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
It comes together in a flash by tossing together canned black beans, fresh, frozen or canned corn, diced avocado, crumbled feta, chopped tomatoes, a bit of red onion and fresh chopped cilantro or parsley for a pop of freshness.
The dressing spices things up just a little and is made with olive oil, fresh-squeezed lime juice, sriracha or your favorite hot sauce and honey to balance out the tart hotness.
It’s best tossed together and then left to sit in the refrigerator for awhile so the flavors can mingle and marry.
Cool and refreshing with all the flavors and textures you want in a salad.
You can’t go wrong.