The three stars of the show are held together with a little butter and egg. You scoop the thick mixture up, roll into balls, dredge in Parmesan and then flatten them slightly into patties.
If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers they’re great pan-fried with eggs the next day or with a salad for lunch.
Cheddar + broccoli + potatoes = my three favorite food groups.
They live happily ever after.
|Broccoli Cheese Potato Puffs|| |
- 1 pound russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 heaping cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 2 cups cooked, chopped broccoli florets
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- sour cream, for serving.
- Prick the potatoes a few times with a fork and microwave them all at once 8 minutes to start and then in 1 minute increments until a fork easily goes into them.
- Cool until you can easily handle them. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. and lightly grease a large baking sheet or line with parchment.
- Peel the potatoes and add them to a large bowl with the butter. Mash with a potato masher.
- Add ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, the egg and cheese. Combine well.
- Stir in the broccoli with a wooden spoon.
- Put the Parmesan into a small bowl.
- Scoop up ¼ cups of the potato mixture and pat into balls. Coat them with the parmesan and place on the baking sheet. Flatten gently with the palm of your hand into chubby discs.
- Bake 16 - 18 minutes until golden on the bottom.
- Serve with sour cream.